Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Crock Pot Swiss Steak

This fabulous recipe is from my friend Sonia ~ Thanks!!

1 1/2 lbs round steak
2 Tbsp flour
Salt & pepper to taste
1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 oz) can golden mushroom soup
1 package onion soup mix
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp Burgundy cooking wine

Cut meat into serving pieces. Combine flour, salt, & pepper. Dredge meat in flour and place in bottom of crock pot.

Sprinkle onion soup mix over meat.

Whisk together soups, water, and wine. Pour over meat.

Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 3-5 hours.

I almost followed this recipe... but of course I didn't. I substituted orange juice for the water and cooking wine. I also added garlic powder to season the flour.
I recommend cooking this on low for 8-10 hours. The meat just fell apart and melted in your mouth!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

What size did you cut the steak into? The size of Stew meat, or bigger?

Melanie said...

Ya, about that size. Nice bite size pieces.