Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Marinated Steaks

My local grocery store was having a sale on selected meat: 5 packages for only $20. So we're having steaks for dinner tomorrow night. This is kind of a strange recipe because there aren't any specific quantities of the ingredients. This is the way my hubby likes to prepare steaks so I hope you enjoy it too.

Ingredient list:
Steaks
Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
garlic salt
1 can of Coke (you may need more than one if you're doing a large quantity of steaks.)

Place the steaks in a Tupperware bowl at least a couple inches deep. Keep in mind you'll need it big enough to work but small enough so that the steaks are covered as much as possible in the marinade. Splash a couple tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce on each steak and poke it several times with a fork (or a meat tenderizer if you have it). You want this meat tender and to be able to really soak up the marinade. Use your judgment on how much to use, but you will need to use quite a bit--maybe 1/4 cup per steak?? That's a rough estimate because I don't measure it before I put it in. Flip the steaks over and repeat. You may want to tenderize each side 2-3 times. Season with the salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste. For good measure I splashed another couple tablespoons of the Worcestershire sauce in the bowl until they steaks were about 1/2 or 3/4 covered. Pour some of the coke over the steaks until they are covered and marinate for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.

I apologize this isn't a very precise recipe but the combo of the Worcestershire sauce and the Coke is very good. I would probably recommend that you use more of the Worcestershire sauce than the Coke.

To go with this meal I'm going to try my friend Becky's recipe for corn on the cob. I want to make sure she gets complete credit for this recipe, so click HERE for the recipe. It sounds so yummy and I can't wait to try it. (And isn't her little girl just darling!)

No comments: