Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oreo & Fudge Icecream Cake

This is a recipe I got just after my mother-in-law passed away. She had found it in a magazine, but I'm not sure which one so I don't know who to give credit to for this. But it's so yummy and easy to make.

1/2 c. fudge topping, warmed
1 8 oz. tub Cool Whip, thawed
1 pkg. (4 serving size) Jell-o chocolate instant pudding
8 Oreo cookies
12 ice cream sandwiches (any flavor you like)

Combine fudge topping with 1 cup Cool Whip with wire whisk until well blended. Add dry pudding mix; stir 2 minutes or until well blended. It will be stiff, so if it is too thick to spread easily add 1/4 cup milk. Chop Oreo cookies into chunks and stir into pudding mixture.

Arrange 4 of the ice cream sandwiches on a large piece of foil. Top with half the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Top pudding mixture with remaining 4 ice cream sandwiches. Frost the top and sides with the remaining whipped topping. Wrap with foil and loosely seal the packet. Freeze at least 4 hours before serving.

I made this for my husband's birthday and used mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches.

No comments: